Congratulations to artists selected
for 2014 FCCA Members' Gallery exhibits:
- January - Sandy Staley and Michael Habina
- February - Guerrin Wolf and Don Young
- March - Charlotte Richards and Amanda Lee
- April - Carol Baker and Darlene Wilkinson
- May - Rita Kovach and Karen Julihn
- June - Stacey Schultze and Lorri Tucker
- July - Lynn Abbott and Fritzi Newton
- August - Ana Rendich and Alexandra Pappas
- September - Pat Smith and Rita & Rae Rose
- October - Chris Heflin and Sue Henderson
- November - Darren Barnes and R Taylor Cullar
2015 Members' Gallery Call for Artists
August 29, 2014 will be the due date for the 2015 Members' Gallery portfolio submissions. So mark your calendars, maybe with a few reminders before the due date too! In 2015, the Member's Gallery will again feature up to 2 artists per month January thru November, and the holiday exhibit in December.
The portfolio requirements are the same. 2015 entries must include a completed Application (from the FCCA website or docent desk), one original artwork, and four high quality jpeg images to be mailed to Bill Hartland. CD submissions are also accepted. All 2-D and 3-D works are desired including mosaic work, textiles, pottery, drawings, sculpture, paintings, photography, lithography, screen-printing, digital graphics, or mixed media. There are no thematic requirements, although entries should best represent your creative style and vision.
As in years past, the selection process will continue to be fair, anonymous, and as confidential as possible. 3 jurors from out of town and not connected to the FCCA will convene in August to evaluate entries. In the unlikely event there are less than 22 portfolios submitted, artists of top rated portfolios will be offered a solo exhibit opportunity.
I encourage you to check out the FCCA website and follow the Call for Artists link for more application specifics. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions or suggestions. We have a talented membership and this is a great opportunity for seasoned and budding artists alike!